Programs & Services
We’re here to help! Call us now at (775) 329-0485. Someone is there 24 hours a day.
The Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission offers both emergency and long-term services for men and women in need.
- 82 beds for addiction recovery
- 20 beds for emergency shelter
- 10 beds for transitional renters
- 18 beds for addiction recovery
- 18 beds for emergency shelter
- 4 beds for transitional renters
With 100 beds for men and women, the Mission offers one of the largest, most comprehensive addiction recovery programs in Northern Nevada, addressing addictions such as meth, alcohol, cocaine and gambling.
The Christian Addiction Recovery and Education program (C.A.R.E.) is a free, 13-month residential program that addresses a client’s spiritual, psychological, educational, physical and emotional needs. All of the client’s needs are provided for: shelter, food, clothing and personal hygiene products. Sorry, but cell phones are not allowed.
Clients desiring program entry must first complete a 30-45 day evaluation period.
The program is divided into four phases:
1. Stabilization: Clients are introduced to intensive 12-Step coursework as well as basic Christianity and family of origin issues.
2. Exploration: Clients explore the meaning and purpose of life through such studies as The Purpose Driven Life and Search for Significance, while learning how to develop healthy relationships in life.
3. Maturation: Clients learn to take their Christian faith to deeper levels in such classes as Measure of Maturity and Walking with the Master. Addiction is revisited in the Life Recovery series that explores the 12-Step principles found in the Bible.
4. Preparation: Men and women prepare to return to society as productive members through Planning for Success, which connects them with vocational training agencies, GED courses, computer basics, budgeting and finance and job interview/resume skills. Clients also prepare to join God in His work by firming up their spiritual foundation in the Experiencing God class.
All clients are held to strict guidelines to ensure their road to sobriety and a new life is a successful one!
If you or someone you know needs help, call (775) 329-0485 (24 hours) or (775) 323-0386.
To view or download a copy of our services brochure, click here
During the winter months, the Mission provides emergency clothing and warm accessories to anyone in need. Year-round, the Mission provides up to 40 beds for homeless men and women in different shelters.
- Sign-ups at the Mission, 355 Record St., Reno
- 20 beds for men
- Clients receive a hot dinner, showers, hygiene necessities
- Call (775) 329-0485 (24 hours)
- A safe house for 18 homeless women and children
- Women receive meals, showers, clothes and hygiene necessities
- Women can stay for up to 10 days at a time (more if the demand is low)
- Call (775) 329-0485 (24 hours)
The Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission gives back to the community in many ways:
- Emergency groceries touch hundreds of lives each month as churches and schools contact us for help.
- Holiday food events each year help about 1,500 families across Northern Nevada enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving or Christmas meal. Our holiday dinners reach more than 2,000 people in a variety of settings, including senior citizen centers.
- Our four Thrift Depot stores offer great discounts on quality items, such as furniture, appliances, clothing and more.
- We work with other charitable and social service agencies to ensure that everyone who comes to us gets the help they need. From substance abuse recovery to domestic violence counseling to GED classes to transitional housing, we make every effort to find the most appropriate solution.
Food & Hunger Services
The Gospel Mission annually prepares and provides more than 400,000 free meals to homeless and needy people across the Northern Nevada community.
Our staff prepares up to 1,100 hot meals each day. Every day, we serve breakfast and dinner to any woman off the streets, and feed dinner to hundreds of men each night.
Volunteer groups from local churches and businesses are active in preparing and serving the nightly meals to the homeless.
The Mission also provides countless meals throughout the year to needy families across the Reno-Sparks area. We work closely with individuals, families, churches and schools to supply food from our community pantry to those who are in need.
During the holidays, we will serve thousands of meals to those less fortunate across Northern Nevada. We’ll host several special dinner events during non-traditional times, such as Easter and the summertime.
If you are hungry or know of an individual or family that is, please contact us at (775) 323-7999.
If you would like to help serve a meal or learn of other ways you can help, please contact Mark at (775) 323-0386, Ext. 16.
- Clothing vouchers for men, women and children
- Emergency food assistance for individuals and families
- Referrals to social service agencies to provide the best assistance
- Evening meals for homeless men, women and women with children
If you need help in any of these areas, call us 24 hours at (775) 329-0485