The Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission is Northern Nevada’s largest provider of services to the homeless and needy.
Since 1963, the Mission has:
- Served almost 8 million hot meals,
- Given away more than 2 million pieces of clothing
- Provided over 2.3 million nights of warm beds
- Helped more than 75,000 alcoholics and drug addicts
Executive Director Rick Redding brings nearly two decades of counseling and ministry experience in dealing with the hurting and lost. He is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor.
“We’re here to meet people at their point of pain,” Redding says. “Once we’ve got them stabilized, we’ll work on spiritual issues, employment, social services and counseling. We look at each person as a whole.”
To accomplish these goals, the Gospel Mission relies entirely on the generous gifts of individuals, families, churches, foundations and businesses that share this vision and care about the downtrodden.
From the homeless to the addicted, from hurting marriages to needy children, the Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission’s work touches many in the community.
- The Mission is the area’s largest faith-based provider of services to the needy and homeless, with 150 warm, clean beds for men, women and children and more than 400,000 meals annually served.
- The Mission offers one of Nevada’s largest addiction recovery programs, with 100 beds for men and women. The 13-month Christian Addiction Recovery and Education program (C.A.R.E.) is an intensive recovery program that focuses on the overall well-being of the client by addressing their spiritual, physical and emotional needs.
- RSGM operates numerous facilities, including a mission; women’s shelter; emergency lodging for men, women and children; transitional/rental housing; warehouse and four thrift stores.
- The Mission’s work extends beyond its door into numerous community outreaches and services:
- Community pantry for needy families,
- Special events such as Thanksgiving and Christmas meals for the community,
- Coat and blanket drives for the homeless,
- Annual “Random Acts of Kindness” events that bring food and grocery help to low-income neighborhoods.
The Reno-Sparks Gospel Mission is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit, non-denominational Christian organization dedicated to overcoming homelessness, addiction, hunger and poverty in the Northern Nevada area.